Suggestions for a successful project:
- Choose a project area: Youth Internship, Entrepreneurship Experience, Senior Experience, or Service Learning
- Answer the Statement of Intent questions directly and specific to your project topic.
- Make sure to use correct spelling and grammar on your Wiki.
- Create a Twitter account - hash tag for your project journal. Twitter link above has project criteria.
- Take pictures and video(with you in them) add to your Wiki - to document your project progress).
- Create a contract between the parties that will be funding this project –financial plan/budget (have both parties sign and attach a copy to your Wiki).
- Find and contact a possible mentor (include this information on your Statement of Intent). Follow Mentor link for criteria.
- Research topic for senior paper-be thinking of this as you work on your project as your research needs to be related and show connections between project and research.
- Pictures and/or video of your project (before and after, during the process)
- Documentation of time spent must be included using Twitter account of Wiki notes-each time you do project related work "document the process".
- Have a reliable backup system in place - Dropbox, iCloud - "Save and save often!"
- Timeline of project – create a timeline that outlines what you will be accomplishing throughout the period.
- Update your Wiki as to show project progress (6-9 months of project progress).
- Take a look at the Senior Endeavor Wiki, which has examples of project categories and Wiki examples.
- Projects are encourage to be diverse, show mastery and growth. There is no "one fits all" checklist for projects.
- Mistakes from the past: Procrastination is the number one thing that students would change about their experience. Start early and show continued progress!
- Be aware that the project committee made up of Mr. Brian Brosnahan, Mrs. Sara Holmberg, Mrs. Kathleen Trower will collaborate on any items brought to them for approval. Please allow time for this team to meet and discuss student requests.