Rutland families of students enrolled in Kindergarten through fifth grade who come to school before 8:00 am or stay later than 3:15 pm will need to be enrolled in the Rutland Out-of-School Time Programs.
Rutland Out-of-School Time Programs provide enrichment and academic activities in an effort to make student’s out-of-school time fun and safe.
History of Rutland OST
Rutland School followed a nationwide need for student care by offering a safe place for students before and after the regular school day.
Rutland OST Programs have accommodated family needs since 1999.
- We have many fun and exciting “Boredom Buster” activities offered each day for students.
- “Homework Helpers” encourage students to complete assignments.
- OST Programs are held in the Kindergarten Room and Elementary Commons.
Rutland Before School Care
Staff for this program is available by appointment only.
Rutland After School Care Hours 3:15-5:30 p.m.
5 days week = $75.00 month
4 days week = $65.00 month
3 days week = $55.00 month
2 days week = $45.00 month
Rutland OST Family drop in fees are $2.50 per hour
Out-of-School Time Procedures:
- Enrolled families prior to the 1st of each month must give monthly calendars or schedules to the OST program coordinators.
- Notice must be given when your child will be attending either the Before Care or After Care Programs.
- Monthly billings will be sent to the OST families. Make payments payable to Rutland School’s OST.
- You are committed for the days you request. No refund will be available if these days are not used.
- Prior notice is required if your student will stay for the OST program and is not noted on the calendar.
- These regulations are required for staff planning.
- A message can be left at the school office at 605-586-4352 to assure that we will have staff coverage for your student(s).
- Email communication can be used by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, Barbara.email@example.com and Jan.L.Hansen@k12.sd.us.
- The Rutland Out-of-School Time Programs are a licensed Child Welfare Agency. Parents may apply for Child Care Assistance. License Number is required for assistance 010605649.
- Past due accounts are grounds for discontinued services until the balance is paid in full.
- OST Programs do not operate during weather related closures, scheduled vacation days, or teacher in-service days.
- Students can be picked up at the Kindergarten door at the new addition for your convenience.
- Out-of-School Time Program Coordinators
Kathleen Trower and Barbara Meyer
- “Keeping Students Safe and Smart”